Govt will bear 56% of mandatory quarantine cost for M'sian returnees

Published on 27 Jul 2020 7:10:32 PM

The government will bear more than half the cost of the mandatory quarantine for Malaysians returning home, said Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

The Senior Minister (Security) said that on Monday, adding that the government would bear 56% of the cost, while the remaining 44% of the cost would be borne by the returnees while non-citizens would bear 100% of the costs.

As for those who are still in home quarantine, Ismail Sabri said that officers from the Ministry of Health and the police would conduct spot-checks to make sure that they were adhering to the standard operating procedure (SOP).

Ismail added that the police would start detaining and charging 2,897 individuals who have yet to undergo their second test for the disease.