Dr M: Property crowdfunding will help build one million affordable homes

Published on 4 Nov 2018 8:48:46 PM

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is confident that the "property crowdfunding" solution announced in Budget 2019 can drive the construction of one million affordable houses in 10 years as promised by Pakatan Harapan in its manifesto for the last general election.

The Prime Minister said the scheme will offer first-time home buyers the chance to pay only 20% to own a house with the remaining 80% borne by investors via the peer-to-peer financing framework.